Split Shift RECE Teacher
MacLeod's Landing Children's Centre (RICHMOND HILL)
Date Posted: July 17, 2017
Location: 195 Silver Maple Road, RICHMOND HILL, L4E 4Z1, ON
RECE Teacher required for a Before and After School Program in Richmond Hill.
To ensure operational and curriculum requirements are met in compliance with all Ministry and organizational guidelines. To ensure the delivery of a developmentally appropriate, play based program by applying specialized skills and knowledge related to early childhood education. To effectively collaborate and communicate with other employees, families and outside agencies in an effort to properly support the needs of individual child.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or approved equivalency) from a recognized college or university.
• A recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check
• Health assessment and record of immunization, as outlined by legislation.
• Up-to-date registration with the College of ECE’s (if applicable).
• Up-to-date certification in CPR-C and Standard First Aid (training provided upon selection if required).
• Knowledge of the developmental needs of children and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge.
• Experience with program design and implementation, preferably play/inquiry based with the use of pedagogical documentation.
• Ability to communicate effectively and establish appropriate relationships with families, caregivers and other professionals.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain professional disposition.
• Have the physical and emotional stamina to supervise children in a variety of settings including outdoor public spaces.
Upper Canada Child Care has over 30 years of experience in child care and education. We offer competitive wages, health & dental benefits, split shift incentives, professional development, child care discounts, and opportunities for advancement. Upper Canada Child Care is a non-profit, government-licensed organization operating centres in communities throughout Toronto, York Region, and Simcoe County.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper Canada Child Care welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. Please contact the interviewer in advance if you require accommodations.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants who may be interviewed will be contacted.
Check us out online at www.uppercanadachildcare.com and like us on Facebook!