Aldergrove Child Care (School-Age Program, Summer Camp)
- 3.8 to 12 years
- 150 Aldergrove Drive
- Cross Street: North of Steeles, West of Brimley
Map this location
- Phone: (905) 294-2714
- Email: email@example.com
Ages: 3.8 to 12 years
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to school start, and school end to 6:00 p.m. Closed during school hours.
Registration: A fee is required at the time of registration.
Lunch and Snacks: Morning and Afternoon snacks are provided to all children.
3.8 to 12 years
- Before-and-After-School Program
- Kindergarten Program
- P.A. Days Program
- Winter and March Break Programs
- Summer Camp
- A variety of art materials and mediums available daily (e.g. clay, paint, sculpture, etc)
- Building materials (e.g. Blocks, Lego, Magnet Blocks, Troughs, Connector, etc.)
- Creative arts (e.g. dance, drama, puppetry, performance)
- Games (e.g. board, card, group, team)
- Media Activities (as appropriate and limited access to computers, movies, video, media etc.)
- Music appreciation (e.g. listening, singing, dancing, percussion)
- Sports equipment (Hockey, Badminton, Soccer, Basketball, scoops, balls, hoops and ropes etc.)
- STEM activities (e.g. project based learning, experiments, engineering, inventing, cooking,etc.)
- Visiting local green spaces and taking community walks
- Warm and welcoming staff and environment
Our Before-and-After-School Program educators welcome children at the beginning and end of the school day with a healthy snack and a variety of self-led activities for them to choose. An assortment of building materials, art materials, puzzles, board games, and toys etc. are always available.
Educators actively look for opportunities to: engage, extend, and encourage each child to participate, invite conversation, and accept invitations to join in activities. Educators also strive to strengthen social relationships and skills within the group. Our programs place a priority on outside time (weather permitting) for games, sports, and play which supports a happy and relaxed state of mind.
Educators are responsive to the group by organizing snacks, outdoor time, and facilitating games and activities, according to the children’s interests, daily.
Upper Canada Child Care centres are government licensed and non profit.