Our child care programs, summer camp, and forest school are child-centered and inquiry based.
Supporting our team members to reach their full potential.
Who We Are
In operation since 1983, Upper Canada Child Care is a non-profit, government-licensed organization providing child care in Toronto, York Region, and Simcoe County.
Guided by our organizational values of support, trust, safety, respect and professionalism, we provide quality play-based programs in various communities.
What We Offer
As a large and growing organization, we offer competitive compensation and rewards.
Total Rewards Program
- Regular pay increases
- Competitive base pay plus Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG) for eligible positions
- Split-Shift Premium (eligible positions)
- Team Lead Premium
- Supervisor Premium
- 10 paid personal leave days
- Industry-leading vacation time
- Employee child care discounts
- Summer Leave Program (planned voluntary leave of absence during July and August) for eligible positions
Comprehensive Benefit Plan
(for most positions)
- Single/Family extended medical and dental coverage
- Travel Insurance
Employee Training and Career Development
- UCCC Onboarding Program job skills training and mentoring
- UCCC First Aid and CPR certification
- UCCC Professional Development Conference
- ECE apprenticeship
- UCCC Leadership Program
- Advancement opportunities
- Charity initiatives
Performance and Service Recognition
- Long-Term Service Anniversary Awards
- Discretionary bonuses/premium pay
- Performance-based pay increase
- Annual Founders Award for Excellence in Early Childhood Education
We offer a range of opportunities and career paths (e.g. early childhood education, cooking, management, administration).
Upper Canada Child Care is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from members of our diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates; please contact the interviewer in advance.
Begin your search and find the perfect fit!
L. BrownYou can learn so much and come home knowing you made a difference in the lives of children and families.
J. JiangI am very lucky to be an employee of Upper Canada Child Care. I have had so many opportunities to learn new knowledge and skills through workshops, conference and in-house training in our company.
D. GuiraI value and appreciate working with UCCC as my growth as an Early Childhood Educator over the years have always been encouraged and supported.
M. CeolinWorking for UCCC has been a truly enriching experience, as there are many opportunities for advancement, professional development and self-growth. I started out as a Junior counsellor, and now I am an assistant supervisor!
NJ. DuvalI’m grateful working at UCCC for the professionalism and support they provided the staff in this challenging time of the pandemic.
B. deBoerThe thing I appreciate about UCCC is that they listen to you. Everyone has a voice in this company.
C. ThompsonI enjoy going to work everyday and seeing the children and my co-workers….best co-workers ever!!!
Y. JungAt Upper Canada Child Care, there is unity in diversity.